Sunday, January 6, 2013

The long awaited...Tasty n Sons

Happy New Year everyone! When thinking of my New Year's resolution, I found myself coming back to food-related goals. For example, try {insert outrageous number here} Portland restaurants or make {unrealistic amount} of new recipes each week. Let's be honest...I am horrible with my food goals. So, this year, I am going attempt to post more about my food adventures even if it is just a quick snapshot. It isn't exciting unless I can share it with all of you!

Let's start with Tasty n Sons. I could write a novel about this place and why I love it so much. One (ish) word...family-style. You don't have to ask me twice to share...especially for breakfast. There are too many delightful dishes to enjoy just ONE at a restaurant. I don't get out enough for that.

In the past two weeks, I have been here twice and I don't even live down the street. Like most Portland brunch spots, expect a 30-60 minute wait. Fortunately, they usually overestimate your wait time, so you are often surprised and seated earlier than expected! They have complimentary coffee for you to sip on while you wait. Not to mention, it is in cute North Portland with lots of little shops to see.

Now, for the menu. I won't list everything (even though I want to), so these are my top three choices. Start with the chocolate potato doughnuts and I don't care if you don't like doughnuts, you will LOVE these. Next, go for the Potatoes Bravos and either the Fried Egg & Cheddar Biscuit with Fried Chicken or the Tasty Muffin with boudin blanc sausage, fried egg, arugula & cranberry sauce. Okay, so that was four items.

You won't be disappointed with this brunch spot and if you have tried dinner, let me know what you think! Oh, and just one more thing (f you weren't sold already), this is the sister restaurant to Toro Bravo. Enough said.

3808 N Williams Ave
Portland, Oregon
503.621.1400

open daily for brunch & dinner 9am - 10pm | happy hour 2:30pm to 5pm







2 comments:

  1. Chocolate Potato doughnuts sound yummy ! Thanks for sharing the menu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word: AMAZING. I love Tasty n Sons!

    ReplyDelete