Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Part 1 | Eating & Drinking in Vancouver, B.C.

A sales event took me up North to beautiful British Columbia, so naturally, I recruited Dylan to come along to explore the lovely city of Vancouver. We drove up two days early, rented a loft via aArbnb and ate our way through downtown. 

We went for a casual dinner the first night at Tap & Barrel in the Olympic Village. It was neat to walk around the village where the 2010 Olympic athletes lived for several weeks. Tap & Barrel is right on the waterfront featuring a great outdoor patio with lots of seating. 

Our seasonal beer sampler was refreshing with a raspberry IPA and a blueberry wit, both from local BC breweries. Dylan was a good sport and drank the fruity beers with me. :)

In addition to the 24 beers on tap, they also have 14 wines on tap. We found out that wine on tap in Vancouver is very popular. Check out my next post on the Vancouver Urban Winery and you will know what I mean. 

 

Fo dinner, I went out of my comfort zone a little and tried something unique on the menu - PB&J Burger! I did get the sweet potato fries though...a standard for me. The burger was complete with chipotle peanut butter, bacon jam and topped with a fried pickle! Dylan ordered the fish and chips after he saw it delivered to the table next to us. He gave it a thumbs up but said the cod didn't quite have as much flavor as halibut.


Check out one of their two locations for some pub fare and local craft beers! 

open 7 days a week | 11am - midnight 

Olympic Village 
1 Athletes Way

Convention Centre
1055 Canada Place 

No comments:

Post a Comment