Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Baked Pumpkin Donut Holes...better than muffins.

Thanks to a friend and the Two Peas & Their Pod blog, I have discovered a new favorite pumpkin recipe! To be honest, I haven't come across a pumpkin recipe that I didn't like, but this particular recipe is easy and delicious. It is a baked donut hole...with pumpkin! Technically, you could call it a muffin because you use a mini muffin pan, but it is so much more!

via two peas & their pod
The recipe calls for all the basic ingredients (most I already had in my kitchen) finished with a sweet coating of butter, cinnamon and sugar. The full recipe is here and it yields about 24-32 muffins.

One recommendation: if you plan on sharing this pumpkin goodness, I would either bake them the day you plan to share with friends or bake the night before and do the coating the next day. Otherwise, they get slightly soggy from the butter. Don't put them right in a sealed container like I did...let them cool on a wire rack.

So happy I found this great recipe! Happy fall baking!

Enjoy.

1 comment: