Monday, May 17, 2010

Grilled Brown Sugar Pork Chops

Beautiful days in the Northwest always call for some outdoor grilling on the barbecue. On last night's menu were some good looking pork chops so I decided to find a quick and easy glaze to whip up that was light but had some good flavor. On allrecipes.com I found an easy brown sugar glaze that got excellent reviews. It had of course two of my favorite ingredients, brown sugar and ginger (but, who am I kidding? I have a lot of favorite ingredients!). Oh and we also cannot forget the 1/2 cup of apple juice, which was the selling point for me on this recipe. You can't go wrong with pork and apples.



I did not do much modifying to this recipe because I liked all the flavors, so I will just list the ingredients below:

  • 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed

  • 1/2 cup apple juice

  • 4 tablespoons vegetable oil

  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce

  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

  • salt and pepper to taste

  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch

  • 1/2 cup water

  • 6 boneless pork chops


All you have to do is combine the oil, soy sauce, juice, ginger and brown sugar in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Once you do this, mix the cornstarch and water in a separate blow and then add to the sauce slowly until you get your desired thickness. I just kept adding the cornstarch and water mix until my sauce had a consistency similar to maple syrup.

Of course while you are making the glaze, sample it a few times to make sure it has the flavor you want. I added a little more apple juice for flavor, but that was about it.

For a marinade, eliminate the cornstarch and water and just marinate the pork chops in the sauce for 30 min and then place on the grill. Yum!

Here is the full recipe and reviews at allrecipes.com - Grilled Brown Sugar Pork Chops

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment